Growing the CareerKnacks Family is among our greatest accomplishments here at CareerKnacks and we take great care to ensure that all of the nurses (and their families!) are taken care of every step of the hiring and moving process. We decided to share a little bit of information about some of the nurses we have added to the CareerKnacks Family to give you a little glimpse behind the curtain.
Agnes Galang-Salazar was gracious enough to answer a few questions about her journey to America for us to share with our readers. Enjoy!
- What is your nursing specialty?
- Tell us about your interview process with both CareerKnacks and the Hospital?
It was organized and was completed in a very timely manner.
- How long have you been a nurse?
I became a nurse in 2007, and transitioned into being a hemodialysis nurse in 2009.
- In what countries have you been a nurse?
Philippines and Saudi Arabia
- Why did you want to move to America to further your career?
As we all know, America provides the best quality health care and I want to be a part of an institution where they provide a wide scale of opportunities to nurses.
- Do you have a spouse or family coming with you?
My husband will be joining me.
- When did you first interview for the position and when do you expect to arrive in the U.S.?
I joined CareerKnacks in July of 2015. Since then, Lisa and her great team have walked me through the entire process of applying for positions in America. In April of 2016, I had three consecutive interviews with the hospital, and was offered the job in May of 2016. We are waiting on the visa at the moment, but CareerKnacks has advised that I will likely arrive in the U.S. in January of 2017.
- Has CareerKnacks been able to answer all of your questions throughout the process?
Yes, I am so delighted with my experience with CareerKnacks. Lisa and her team always give 110% effort in answering all of my questions and walking me through the process of furthering my career in America.
- What CareerKnacks resources have you benefited from the most?
The website and Facebook group have been really helpful, and CareerKnacks is always available by email and phone to answer questions.
- What advice would you give to any nurse considering a move to America?
Moving to America is a huge decision. Choosing an agency is another. You need an agency that is knowledgeable about the process and willing to hold your hand throughout the entire process. CareerKnacks will guide you through each step of the application and hiring process. They have an individualized approach as not every nurse’s situation is the same. There are lots of agencies out there, but CareerKnacks is the only agency I would trust. My process was so seamless and the fact that they don’t charge any placement fees means I recommend them to everyone I know that is interested in furthering their nursing career in America