At CareerKnacks we are excited to place a number of the nurses that we bring to the United States in a Magnet Hospital. What is a Magnet Hospital? A hospital that has achieved Magnet Designation is a hospital that has been recognized and awarded for outstanding quality of care for its patients. The Magnet Designation is the highest ranking award that a hospital can receive. The Magnet Recognition Program was developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, with only 6% of hospitals in the nation have been awarded Magnet Designation. The status of “Magnet Hospital” can be used as a benchmark for potential patients and employees alike. Patients checking into a Magnet hospital can rest assured that they will receive the best quality of care, and nurses taking jobs at a Magnet Hospital are entering into a work environment where they will be encouraged to flourish and sharpen their skills as professionals. Nurses working at Magnet Hospitals have reported higher rates of job satisfaction.
According to the UC Davis Medical Center, here are some of the benefits that come with being a nurse at a Magnet Hospital:
Benefits for Nurses Working at a Magnet Hospital:
- A culture that focuses on improving patient outcomes
- Professional growth and development by educational opportunities and support
- A structure that encourages decision making at the bedside over clinical issues
- High job satisfaction
- An environment that recognizes and rewards competence
- Low turnover and vacancy rates
- Focus on professional autonomy
- Enhances interdisciplinary collaboration
- Professional growth opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
- Opportunity to practice professional nursing with strong interdisciplinary teamwork that supports autonomous practice of nursing
- A culture that supports you to be the best nurse you can be
For more information on the Magnet Designation and what it means to be a Magnet Hospital check out this FAQ page on the UC Davis Medical Center’s website.