With the importance of health and wellness being such a critical part of a nurses treatment outcomes with patients, it’s no surprise that they often forget about their own health. The American Nurses Association has declared 2017 the Year of the Healthy Nurse, and we are jumping on board to help promote it. As you know, we value our CareerKnacks family of nurses above all else and want to see you all thrive in 2017. So each month we will be sharing specific ways to put your health first, keeping the health topic in mind that the ANA has laid out for each month.
Since March is Nutrition, we are sharing five ways to put this into action right now.
- Pack your lunch to take to work every day.
- Bring healthy snacks to share with coworkers.
- Increase your vegetable intake at every meal.
- Keep track of your sodium intake.
- Reduce the amount of processed and/or fried food you eat (sugar, too!).
Follow along with us throughout 2017 for more tips on how to make this the Year of the Healthy Nurse!