With the importance of health and wellness being such a critical part of a nurses treatment outcomes with patients, it’s no surprise that they often forget about their own health. The American Nurses Association has declared 2017 the Year of the Healthy Nurse, and we are jumping on board to help promote it. As you know, we value our CareerKnacks family of nurses above all else and want to see you all thrive in 2017. So each month we will be sharing specific ways to put your health first, keeping the health topic in mind that the ANA has laid out for each month.
- Limit the amount of added sugar in your diet.
- Wear a health tracker and aim to get at least 10,000 steps per day.
- If you smoke, start a program that will help you quit.
- Get adequate (and quality!) sleep.
- Start tracking the amount of sodium in your diet. Follow your doctor’s recommendation for how much you should have.
Follow along with us throughout 2017 for more tips on how to make this the Year of the Healthy Nurse!